No one role is the next step for every Senior Engineer. Here are 2 options that may suit your career aspirations. If these don't suit, give me a call to discuss what would be on your 'wish list'
- 5 year plan is ready for a Senior Engineer coming into this team
- First you will be responsible for the technical aspects and running of the urban development projects from the outset
- Once you are familiar with systems and procedures you would move more into a Lead Project Engineer role where you run your own team and resources and have your own KPI’s
- Be mentored into this role by the current Civil Manager in terms of bringing in projects and resourcing including up skilling on the financial side of the business.
- Once you have proven yourself here you will be able to purchase shares in the business, currently this is a key area that their Senior staff are generating wealth
- Current manager of the civil team is phasing into retirement.
- So this role is basically to groom someone into a 2IC role to this current manager and potentially take over that management role in due course.
- This is envisaged to happen in the short term and will be a fast tracked process
- New modern offices overlooking the city
- Working with leading property developers in Auckland and high end architectural firms
Requires a Civil Engineering Degree and at least 7 years experience in urban development and civil infrastructure projects. Solid technical/design background and project delivery within a consultancy environment is paramount for this role.